post-install garnome problems with fonts

I have installed gnome-2.12.0 using garnome. I logged out and logged in again and i find my fonts have changed. I am now getting mandrake default fonts with gnome. I hate my font. Earlier it was something different. How do i get back my original fonts. This font sucks.

Secondly,  How do i get the default file type associations for nautilus. This seemed to be the problem with previous versions as well. I mean I used to have some default file type associations with nautilus like gedit for text files etc when i had installed fedora core 2 ( now i have upgraded to fc3 ). How do i restore those file type associations for the current nautilus. Currently I always have to associate an application for every new file type.

Third, Can anyone suggest me some good themes that i can try. I know there are lots of them on arts.gnome.org, but I have not been able to select even a single decent one. I also had problems installing themes from that site, so I gave up and I stick with the default.

The new version (2.12.0) is really nice except for that font thing. This version is a lot stable and I get a good feel. Keep up the good work.

If anyone can help me with these problems, I would really be thankful to him/her.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot