Re: soundjuicer,about-me,totem

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 15:37 +0300, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
> i have some issues after installation of 2.11.92.1 and i need to fix
> them in order to take screenshots from those application for GNOME
> 2.12 release notes.

> soundjuicer can't see cdroms and exits, (same case for the cd-player).
> cd-player says that i have not permission to access device /dev/cdrom.

That could be a bug in Totem / GStreamer that was fixed in the 0.8.11
release of gst-plugins.

> about-me is installed anywhere?
> i try to find it in menus,or run it from command line with no luck.
> In 2.11.90 it was present but now i cant find it.
> i tried to find something about it in working directory of
> gnome-control-center but i can't see anything relevant in it.
> is it installed?

GARNOME doesn't build the about-me capplet by default, although you can
explicitly turn it on by editing the Makefile in desktop/control-center
and changing:

"CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS)"

to:

"CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --enable-aboutme"

Then re-running 'make clean' and 'make install'.

> How to play an ogg movie from totem?
> i tried to open a couple of them from GUADEC archive but it plays only
> audio no picture...

Do you have the theora libraries installed? (if you're on i386, you can
use the copy in bootstrap to get a processor optimized version that does
a much better A/V Sync job)

Paul