Re: gnomemeeting-1.2.2: surprise dependencies

The totem configure process explicitly looks for firefox/mozilla because
of the totem mozilla plugin.  gnomemeeting does not.

The problem with building gnomemeeting is the implicit dependence on
gecko nspr/nss libs arising from an explicit dependence on
libedataserver-1.2.so. gnomemeeting has no explicit dependence on any
component of firefox so configure does not look for it.

On systems that install mozilla rather than firefox, the nss/nspr libs
are usually installed under

   /usr/lib

which is always in the library search path. The other mozilla libs are
usually installed under

   /usr/lib/mozilla-1.x.y.

The firefox build, as currently configured, places *all* libs under
$(libdir)/firefox-1.x.y.

I see two choices:
(1) add a post-install target to the FF GAR Makefile to link the
nss/nspr libs to $(libdir)

(2) modify the firefox build so it installs its nss/nspr libs in
$(libdir)

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net