Re: Passing the GARNOME Torch

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, John Affleck wrote:

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 12:45:38PM +1100, Paul Drain wrote:
So, with this in mind -- I have decided to step back from the GARNOME
project's maintenance and pass the collective torch to these fine
'co-maintainers', who I am sure will carry on the pride of this project
to a whole new level.

I'm sure that I speak for all of the happy users of your GARNOME
releases over the years in saying thanks.  It's sometimes easy to
forget how much effort is actually behind those releases, and it is
because of you that the project survived in the post-Jeff world.

So we didn't say it enough - thanks for all of your hard work, Paul.

	John A.

I'd like to thank you too Paul. I've been a happy user of GARNOME since the 0.4 days, and you've been an exemplary maintainer, much better than that jdub dude :). Also I'd like to say what an excellent choice Joseph, Carsten and Bob are for keeping on the glorious tradition. All three of them have put so much work into improving GARNOME over the years, it's nice to see them get the recognition and millions of dollars that the GARNOME maintainership position surely receives.

Matt Rose 	 http://www.folkwolf.net	   mattrose folkwolf net
He's a deeply religious small-town jungle king She's a provocative
red-headed mechanic with someone else's memories. They fight crime!