Re: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.13.2

Hey,

On Wed, November 23, 2005 03:21, guenther wrote:
> ==============
> GARNOME 2.13.2
> ==============
>
> The 'all for one, one for all' release.
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of GARNOME 2.13.2 Desktop and
> Developer Platform. A lot has changed since the last unstable release.
> This release includes all of GNOME 2.13.2 plus a few updates that were
> released after the freeze date for GNOME 2.13.2.
>
> As of this release, the GARNOME project will be hosted on the GNOME
> servers, being more tightly integrated with the GNOME infrastructure. We
> now have a new website, ftp download location, CVS repository -- and a
> trio of maintainers.

So, I'm wondering if you guys would be interested in providing some
prerelease of GARNOME before a GNOME release, so people can do some
smoketesting, and then do a release for the GNOME release.

For example, right now, tarballs are due on Monday and on
Tuesday/Wednesday, we build the modules to test if everything
is fine (we use jhbuild for this). Making a GARNOME prerelease at
this point would help to get more testers so we're sure that the
release will not be totally buggy. Then, if the tests are okay, the
actual GNOME release is done.

What do you think?

Vincent

--