Re: gnome-media doesn't compile.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Joseph E. Sacco, PhD wrote:

Nah, didn't work. There's a lot more stuff that has to be changed to get configure to use the new gstreamer. configure looks for stuff that just doesn't exist in gstreamer-0.9. I think a lot of porting work needs to be done to gnome-media to get it to even compile with gstreamer-0.9.

Try this:

* make clean
* make extract
* cd work/main.d/gnome-media-2.12.0

* edit configure
Adjust for gstreamer-0.9 by setting GST_MAJORMINOR to 0.9

       # Check for GStreamer stuff and GSR depds
       HAVE_GST=no
       GST_REQ=0.8.2
       PROGRAMS_GSTRECORD=""

-Joseph