Re: GNOME 2.10.0 yelp compile questions (gtkmozembed)

Hi guenther,

> > - why does yelp need Mozilla or Firefox *-gtkmozembed package?
>
> Uhm... Cause the Yelp developers decided so.

;) not exactly what I needed to hear :))

> > to build Firefox or Mozilla from the sources (I have Firefox installed
> > though). Is there a way how to compile yelp without compiling
> Mozilla/Firefox
> > (thus having gtkmozembed)?
>
> Nope. AFAIK, the current code depends on gtkmozembed and cannot use
> libgtkhtml like it used to.

:(

> Anyway, if you install a (sufficiently recent) Mozilla or Firefox plus
> the *-devel package, you might be able to use that, rather than building
> Firefox yourself. (Don't know though, if this really will work.)
>
> [guenther delta yelp-2.9.3]$ ./configure --help | grep with-mozilla -A 2
>   --with-mozilla=[mozilla|firefox|thunderbird]
>                           Whether to use mozilla, firefox or thunderbird
>                           gtkmozembed (default: mozilla)

Yes, I've noticed this switch and have thought about finding some RPM for my
distro; but I've very old Mandrake (9.1) and so can't find any modern
Mozilla/Firefox for it. I'm running FF 1.0.1 from Mozilla's web, no RPM.

Many thanks anyway - for the answer.
Regards,
Ivan
--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.