Re: gst-register question

> each other user will get problems regarding sound (does not work etc.), unless
> he/she runs gst-register in his/her shell.

This is a GARNOME-semi-specific issue -- because we install all of our
configuration files to a separate prefix (ie. not /etc) -- running
gst-register from a system account will find no information to update.

You have to run gst-register as the individual user you built GARNOME
as, purely to get access to the relevant configuration/gconf data.

> This surely happens when migrating user to next major GNOME release (2.6 ->
> 2.8 and 2.8 -> 2.9 (2.10) in my case).

In GARNOME though, it only happens when you build one of the
GStreamer-related packages.

Regards,

Paul