Re: garnome-2.10.0: adding volume control to panel fails

Thank you very much, sir....I'm starting to see stability slowly reappear on my system as I am recompiling!
Do you know if the Makefiles in 2.10.0.1 will have these changes?  I'd hate for a newbie to have to experience all the weird crashes I've seen over the past week... :)

Cheers--

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 08:10 +0100, Ivan Noris wrote:
Hi all,

> I'm having this same problem, along with a host of other strange
> software crashes (mixer applet, gnome panel, wnck applet, evolution).  I
> even tried going back and compiling GARNOME 2.9.91.1 again from scratch,
> and the problems are still there! (even though I didn't have them when I
> used 2.9.91.1 before...).  Is it possible some base package got
> corrupted during the 2.10 compile?  I'm wondering if it is
> bonobo-related, since all my crashes seem to be limited to software that
> makes heavy use of it.  However, most of the backtraces usually point
> back to a gtk or glib crash, so I'm not sure.

couldn't be a problem that gtk and glib are compiled with
--disable-debug in garnome? I've once had similar failures in Evolution
which led to recompile glib and gtk with --enable-debug=minimum. A magic
thing.

 CONFIGURE_ARGS := $(shell echo $(CONFIGURE_ARGS) | sed
's,--disable-debug,--enable-debug=minimal,')

This should be default in gtk and glib in stable garnome packages.

regards,
Ivan