Re: garnome-2.10.0: adding volume control to panel fails

I'm having this same problem, along with a host of other strange software crashes (mixer applet, gnome panel, wnck applet, evolution). I even tried going back and compiling GARNOME 2.9.91.1 again from scratch, and the problems are still there! (even though I didn't have them when I used 2.9.91.1 before...). Is it possible some base package got corrupted during the 2.10 compile? I'm wondering if it is bonobo-related, since all my crashes seem to be limited to software that makes heavy use of it. However, most of the backtraces usually point back to a gtk or glib crash, so I'm not sure.

Hopefully we can find the root of this problem soon...