Can't add up2date applet to panel in Garnome 2.10

Hi all,

I've finished migrating all of my menus over from
/usr/share/applications, but I still can't figure out how to add the
up2date applet back to the panel.  You know, the one that has a blue
check mark if there are no new updates but flashes red with an
exclamation point if there are updates available?

Anyone got any suggestions for getting this applet back in the panel?
The option doesn't exist for me in the normal "Add to panel" menu and
clicking on the application in Applications > System Tools (even
though the icon is different) doesn't seem to do anything.  Any help
would be much appreciated.

Bill