Re: Anyone had success w/ OSX?

Another possibility  is to use the Fink distribution, which contains
many Open Source packages modified for installation on OSX. There are a
good many gnome packages, though I don't know how up-to-date they are.
However, it should phovide a good starting point. the website is
http://fink.sourceforge.net/

John