broken applet in garnome 2.8.2.1

Hello everybody,

I had installed gnubiff 2.1.0 as applet in my garnome2.8.2.1 installation and it was running fine. Then I had the crazy idea to upgrade gnubiff to 2.1.1. So I remove the applet from the panel, compiled 2.1.1 the same way I compiled 2.1.0 (had created a gnubiff dir in my garnome structure, copied a garnome Makefile from somewhere and edited it accordingly). After re-inserting the gnubiff, I got a pop-up window with an error message telling me that the applet had died unexpectately, next box:

panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_gnubiffApllet"
Details: Failed to resolve, or extend '!prefs_key=/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/applet_10/prefs;background=pixmap:18877231,-1,-1;orient=down;size=x-small;locked_down=false

Does anybody has any hints, how to correct this?

I tried to go back to 2.1.0 of gnubiff, unfortunately, now I get the same message there, which lets me believe I need to reset something somewhere in the general gnome panel/applet area. I removed all the entried ~/.gconf which belonged to those gnubiff applets, but no luck.

Thanks and cheers,

	Riko