Re: 2.9.91.1 bootstrap/firefox - it beeps to wake the dead

> I have a firefoxism that perhaps someone here has come across;
> basically, it keeps discovering stacks of JavaScript errors on most
> websites, and each time it finds one it makes my PC beep, which is
> irritating. This isn't the typeahead problem; it happens all the time,
> e.g. when using GMail. And I can see the errors piling up in the JS
> console.

Are you using Epiphany as a frontend, or the actual Firefox binary --
just by the by?

> The public firefox builds don't do this; is there some build-time or
> run-time setting to make the JS engine a bit less excitable ?

This *might* have something to do with the OJI code in Firefox, which
seems slightly unforgiving on errors.

If you edit the mozconfig-firefox file in bootstrap/firefox/files and
add the line:

ac_add_options --disable-oji

to it, then run:

'make makesums' followed by 'make install' in the bootstrap/firefox
directory, it might at least quieten down somewhat.

Just a stab in the dark,

Paul