evolution-2.3.3.1: Request test for local mail delivery agent

I would like someone on the list to run a test.

PROBLEM
---------
A "local mail" delivery agent used to retrieve local mail from an mbox
formatted spool into folders managed by Evolution dies silently after
some time period, typically over night.

An artifact of this failure is Evolution can no longer be shutdown
gracefully. Clicking "File->Quit" initiates a shutdown sequence that
hangs.

After killing off all remaining evolution processes and restarting
evolution, all is "well". The local mail delivery agent once again works
as expected.

Speculation:
A connection to a pipe or socket has been lost. Killing off and
restarting all evolution processes re-establishes that connection.

TEST
----
To reproduce the bug [#308296]:
* set up a mail account on your local machine
     Server Type: Local Delivery
     Check for new mail: every 10 minutes

* test local account
        - send yourself email via sendmail:
             mail -s "mail test" your-login
             This is a test....
             ^D
        - click Evolution send/receive button to fetch the message from your local mbox
        file.

Once you have this local account working:
* leave evolution running over night
* send yourself email using sendmail
* try to fetch the local email

If you see what I am seeing, the "send & receive" mail dialog will indicate that
it is "waiting" for the local account. The dialog will wait forever, which is
why I think a communications link through a pipe or socket is broken.

If you attempt to quit the application, the quit sequence begins, the buttons
turn gray, and then nothing more happens.  My guess is that it is still waiting
to fetch the local mail before it shuts down completely. You will need to
manually kill off all of the evolution processes. If you are on a lintel box,
you can use PTRACE to capture what is going on.

Once evolution is restarted, all is well. Evolution will once again fetch the
local mail without incident.  Wait a while and the problem reoccurs.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net