Re: Help building dbus from 2.11-20050620.1710

On 6/22/05, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <joseph_sacco comcast net> wrote:
> Simon,
>

> It looks like
>
>         ./bootstrap/expat
>
> should also be a dependency for ./bootstrap/dbus
>

> The first symbol that causes you grief is
>
>         XML_ParserCreate_MM
>
> which is defined in expat.h from expat-1.95.8
>
> I am guessing that you are picking up an another version of expat from
> somewhere in your search path.
>
> Try this:
> * first build and install
>
>         ./bootstrap/expat
>
> * now try building ./bootstrap/dbus
>

> -Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I'm afraid I get the same error.

As a more general question is there a way to tell which library
provides that function so I could either remove or install the package
as required?

I had a look at nm already which might do it with grep

Thanks

~sm