Re: garnome-2.11-20050610.1755: Report on Desktop build

Hello Joe,

Thanks for all your work on the GARNOME builds!

The new GARNOME weekly snapshots indeed show promising but are far too unstable for me to use as my primary environment... Will stick with the official release for my work (different though when at home ;)

Vincent

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
Managed to build all of the desktop. Decided to try it out before moving
on to building the office suite.  Set up a clean user [initially w/o any
gnome dot files]. Added an appropriate .xinitrc file. Logged on as the
new user from the command line.

The bad news:

	gnome-panel crashes over, and over, and over, in an endless loop

Grrrr...

bootstrap ---------
* dbus
edited the Makefile configure args to support redhat style
initialization [previously reported]

* hal
edited the Makefile configure args to support redhat style
initialization [previously reported]

* firefox
edited mozconfig-firefox so epiphany can print [previously reported]

* libmusicbrainz
edited the Makefile to upgrade version to 2.1.1 so ./desktop/soundjuicer
will build [requires libmusicbrainz >= 2.1.0]

desktop
-------
* evolution-data-server
edited the Makefile to upgrade version to 1.3.3.1 in order to build
application

* evolution
plugins/mono directory is empty [see bugzilla # 307200]. Snarfed files
from CVS and rolled on.

* nautilus-cd-burner
Not compatible with HAL-0.5.x [see bugzilla #172586]. Fetched a patch
from bugzilla and continued.

* gnome-volume-manager
NOt compatible wit HAL-0.5.x.  Upgrade to version 1.3.1, which is.

* soundjuicer
upgrade version of libmusicbrainz to satisfy build requirement

-Joseph

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!