garnome-2.11.5.1: Hunting Mozilla

Now that firefox is the gecko engine of choice for GNOME, I decided to
look into how many of the garnome-2.11.5.1 applications that require
firefox headers and libraries actually found the firefox headers and
libraries rather than whatever mozilla headers and libraries were
installed elsewhere on the system.

I went on a hunt for "mozilla" and found several applications that
needed modification to get them to select firefox. The proposed changes
are found in the attached tarball.

Results from "hunting mozilla"
=============================

bindings
--------
* gnome-python-extras-2.11.2

Setting the configuration argument

	--with-gtkmozembed=firefox

should have been sufficient to force the selection of firefox over
anything else.  That didn't work on my system.  I worked around this
issue by tweaking the configuration file [see bug #311642].

desktop
--------
* librsvg-2.9.5
The tags, mozilla-config and mozilla plugin, are hard-wired into the
configuration file.

I patched configure, edited the GAROME Makefile and checksums file,
tested, and rolled on.

* totem-1.1.3
Got lucky and picked firefox or mozilla because of a search order in the
configuration files. The choice of gecko engine should not depend on
luck.

- added a configure arg: --with-mozilla=firefox
- added a LIBDEPS: bootstrap/firefox

* yelp-2.11.1
Added a CONFIGURE_ARG: --with-mozilla=firefox

fifth-toe
----------
* gaim-1.4.0
The tags, mozilla-nss and mozilla-nspr, are hardwired into the
configuration file.

I patched configure, edited the GAROME Makefile and checsums file,
tested, and rolled on.

geektoys
---------
* epiphany-extensions
Got lucky and picked firefox because it is the default
[configure ---help is wrong].

To make the choice deterministic,  I added a CONFIGURE_ARG:

     --with-mozilla=firefox

Note:
Rebuilding epiphany-extensions,  I learned that epiphany was not build
with python support.  Turns out that python is autodetected by epiphany
correctly, but the GARNOME version of pkgtk had not yet been built. The
YDL version was too old so configure decided not to build python support
into epiphany.

If we want python support, pygtk should be added as a dependency.

* liferea-0.9.2
The configuration file first looks for mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc. If that
search fails, it then looks for firefox-gtkmozembed.pc.  Not good!!!

The user should have a choice.  For now,  I hacked the configuration
file, edited the GARNOME Makefile and checksums file, tested, and rolled
on.

hacker-tools
------------
* devhelp-0.10

Set CONFIG_ARG: --with-mozilla=firefox

mono
-----
* monodevelop-0.7
The configuration file searches for mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc rather than
firefox-gtkmozembed.pc.

I hacked the configuration file, edited the GARNOME Makefile and
checksums file, tested, and rolled on.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net