Re: Cairo compilation issues 2.11-20050715.1850

OK... "we" are making progress...

In the ./src directory you should find two files:

* cairo-png.c
The source file that contains the missing function

* cairo-png.lo
The libtool directive file that contains:

        # cairo-png.lo - a libtool object file
        # Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.5.14 (1.1220.2.195
        2005/02/12 12:12:33)
        #
        # Please DO NOT delete this file!
        # It is necessary for linking the library.

        # Name of the PIC object.
        pic_object='.libs/cairo-png.o'

        # Name of the non-PIC object.
        non_pic_object=none

Note that this file was generated by the version of libtool in the cairo
directory.

Take a look at the contents of ./src/.lib. This directory contains all
of the .o files that will be linked together to form the shared
library.

On my system:

        cairo-arc.o      cairo-image-surface.o  cairo-pattern.o      cairo-traps.o
        cairo-array.o    cairo-matrix.o         cairo-pdf-surface.o  cairo-unicode.o
        cairo-cache.o    cairo.o                cairo-pen.o          cairo-wideint.o
        cairo-color.o    cairo-output-stream.o  cairo-png.o          cairo-xlib-surface.o
        cairo-fixed.o    cairo-path-bounds.o    cairo-polygon.o      libcairo.la
        cairo-font.o     cairo-path-data.o      cairo-ps-surface.o   libcairo.lai
        cairo-ft-font.o  cairo-path-fill.o      cairo-slope.o        libcairo.so
        cairo-gstate.o   cairo-path.o           cairo-spline.o       libcairo.so.1
        cairo-hull.o     cairo-path-stroke.o    cairo-surface.o      libcairo.so.1.0.0

Are you missing any of the .o files?  If so, that's the problem.  Now
the question is why...

Here is a suggestion:
* edit the GARNOME Makefile for cairo-0.5.1

        Add the FIXUP_SCRIPTS line shown below:

        DESCRIPTION = cairo
        define BLURB
         #FIXME: blurb goes here
        endef

        FIXUP_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/libtool
        CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/configure

* make cookieclean

* make

See what happens.

-Joseph