Re: Administrivia

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 16:30 +0200, guenther wrote:
> It seems like the queue of "waiting for approval" posts my
> non-subscribers was recently flushed. For the first time in about 4
> weeks...
>
> As the website [1] explicitly states that you do not need to be
> subscribed to post (although it really is a good idea to be subscribed),
> we need this to happen way more often. Who is in charge of approving
> non-subscriber posts?

That would be me :)

I do actually monitor the waiting-for-approval list, 99% of it is spam
mail that gets silently discarded, the rest of it either gets:

* silently approved (when i'm around to do it) if it has a readable
subject and/or first few lines of body text.

or:

* rejected with a polite message advising the user that they should
actually subscribe to the list first and repost their message -- which
usually happens when a user posts a feature request, or their message is
in a language other than english.

However, the website should be updated to say the list is approve-only
(at the very least) -- thanks for the reminder, it'll get done on
monday :)

Paul