2.9.4.1 : Gimp and Totem fail to run

The error I mention here already occured with version 2.9.4.

When I try running Gimp, it fails with the following pop-up message:

FreeType version too old! The GIMP requires FreeType version 2.1.7 or
later. Installed FreeType version is 2.1.5.

Moreover, /usr/bin/gimp fails with the same error message. I must unset
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which pointed to $GARNOME/lib) in order to be able to
use Gimp.

The same occurs with Totem, although without error message: it simply
crashes before doing anything.

--

			Olivier Lecarme