configuration dirs

Hi,
Garnome-unstable only produces crashes when starting arbitrary
components (nautilus, panel, everything). It seems to be related to my
configuration dirs. When I log in on another account it works fine.
Since I do not want to mess up my configuation dirs (from debian gnome
2.8) I would like to backup these, create new direcotories and links to
them (.gnome -> .gnome-garnome etc) In this way I only have to change
the links to switch from debian-gnome to garnome.
Which directories do I need to treat like this? I now
have .gnome .gnome2 .gnome2_private .gconf .gconfd .nautilus Garnome is
still crashing so there has to be more.

Bye,

Martijn