libgnomesu and gnome-system-monitor

Paul and I discussed this issue a little bit off list and we thought we
would throw it to the list to see what ideas others might have.

The issue is that libgnomesu is now a part of GNOME desktop and gnome-
system-monitor requires it. The problem is that libgnomesu needs to do a
'setuid root' during install. Therefore people not installing as root
(most folks) will have a problem. Here are some of our thoughts off the
top of heads on possible workarounds:

1. We can move g-s-m and libgnomesu into broken.
2. We can leave g-s-m and add libgnomesu and add a note to FAQ telling
people that they need to be root to install libgnomesu or if they don't
have root permissions then they can remove g-s-m and libgnomesu from
desktop/.
3. We can create a new dir called system-tools or something else and put
g-s-m and libgnomesu in it.
4. Add an %install section which would use 'sudo or su' (which would ask
for root passwd) to build libgnomesu as root during the install and if
root access is not available then output a message telling the user that
they need to remove g-s-m and libgnomesu.

Ideas?

Bob

--
Bob Kashani