Re: errors building Hal with garnome-2.12.2.1

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:57:06 -0500
"Joseph E. Sacco, PhD" <joseph_sacco comcast net> wrote:

> I have seen some web chatter where  the errant symbol was defined to
> be equal to zero
>
> 	#define HID_MAX_USAGES 0
>
> to work around a problem building acupd.
>
> I don't know if this is the right thing to do.  If there is Slackware
> source for apcupsd,  you might take a look to see how to handle the
> problem correctly.
>
> -Joseph

Joseph,

Thank you for the hints/pointers, I did what was suggested in the bug
report from your previous email and copied /usr/src/linux/include/linux
to /usr/include/linux and then rm -rf'd my build directory and started
again. This is currently still building - in the meantime I'll grab the
source for acupsd and have a look as you suggest.

Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Myles