Re: Proposed changes to .xsessionrc

> I just finished installing garnome-2.11.90 and all is well, aside from
> some very strange (cairo-related) desktop drawing issues with nautilus.
> I'm not the only one, am I?

Nope, known issues I guess. That's the joy of major changes and unstable
software... :)

Anyway, last time I checked this, I got those very disturbing background
drawing issues with an image background only. Ditching the image and
reverting to a plain color background made the Desktop usable again.

> Anyway, I was going to propose some changes to the sample .xsession file
> on the web page.
>
> PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.3/site-packages
>
> This should be 2.4 at this point. The README is correctly updated.

yup...

> XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GARNOME/share
>
> This should probably also contain /usr/share by default. People are
> frequently asking about having their distro's Applications menu.

Well, yeah... If the user wants this. :)  Maybe we should mention this
and simply include an additional, commented out line:

# XDG_DATA_DIRS=$XDG_DATA_DIRS:/usr/share

FWIW, personally I get rid of those distro ones intentionally, adding
custom .desktop files to ~/.local/share/applications/ instead. For
cleanliness. :)

> Keep up the good work,

Thanks. Keep those suggestions and bug reports flowing, to make GARNOME
rock [1] even more. :)

...guenther

[1] "GARNOME is sexy.  I would probably date it."
    quote from bug #312285