Re: 2.11.90 build failure - Epiphany (OS X)

--On Monday, August 01, 2005 2:14 AM +0000 Steve Przybylski <p_monkey99 hotmail com> wrote:

Building under Darwin 8.2.0 (OS X 10.4), gcc4.0...Epiphany 1.7.3 appears
to be the latest victim of OSX's incomplete libc.  Build fails in
ephy-debug.c, when it's unable to inlcude execinfo.h, which doesn't exist
on OS X.  From what I've been able to find, it appears that backtrace()
isn't implemented anywhere else in Darwin, so this may be a big issue.  I
know that the best answer is "port glibc to Darwin"...but does anyone
have any other thoughts?

The best answer is 'figure out how to turn off non-essential non-portable crap in Epiphany'. I'll see if I can figure it out if I have time in the next couple of days. backtrace() doesn't exists on most platforms.

--
Carson