Re: firefox issues with profiles

I would guess that it probably depends upon how it was configured and
the version of gecko.

In addition to the version rooted under /opt/garnome, I also have a CVS
version of firefox-1.0+ built under gnome-2.6 , rooted under /usr/. If I
use this version, I cannot start two separate instances of firefox from
the command line.  I get a dialog box popping up that tells me another
version is already running, but is not responding. Looks like the second
instance trying to connect to the first instance in some way. When I
close the dialog a gecko error is reported:

        (Gecko:13451): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_main_quit: assertion
        `main_loops != NULL' failed

BTW,  can you print from the version of firefox built by garnome-2.10.1?
I can't, but can print from the other version I built which has a
different configuration.  I am rebuilding the garnome version of firefox
now to see if the configuration is the problem.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net