Re: garnome on SuSE9.0, PangoProblem

On Sun September 26 2004 5:43 pm, David Herman wrote:
> On Sun September 26 2004 5:22 pm, Marciano Siniscalchi wrote:
> > Hmmm... I built both 2.6.2 and 2.8.0 on two different SuSE 9.0
> > machines, and did not have any trouble with Pango (I did have to
> > update a couple of other packages though, but nothing related to
> > font rendering).
> >
> > Actually, this:
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:659: error: parse
> > > error before "face"
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:663: warning: type
> > > defaults to `int'in declaration of `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:663: warning: data
> > > definition has notype or storage class
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: error: parse
> > > error before "FT_Get_CMap_Language_ID"
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: error: parse
> > > error before "charmap"
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: warning: type
> > > defaults to `int'in declaration of `FT_Get_CMap_Language_ID'
> > > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: warning: data
> > > definition has notype or storage class
> > > pangofc-font.c: In function `pango_fc_font_get_type':
> >
> > says (I believe) that Garnome is using the version of Freetype in
> > /usr, not the one from the bootstrap directory (which would be
> > installed in $HOME/garnome, unless you are Garnome installing to
> > /usr).
>
> Hmmm, this might be a start, I seem to remember a reference about how
> to change the path search order for garnome.

Ok, I tried reverting to freetype2 2.1.4-68 (and freetype2-devel
2.1.4-68), ran ldconfig then tried o make pango again. same error.

Seems like garnome trying to use the wrong version of freetype2 (the one
from ( /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/ ) is the most likely culprit
but I wasn't able to find out how to tell garnome to use the correct
version. I assume that the version built by making /bootstrap/freetype/
(freetype-2.1.5) is the one it needs, I just don't know why garnome
isn't using it.

Looking for ideas or suggestions, thanks
--
dh
Don't shop at ZipZoomFly.com!