Re: garnome on SuSE9.0, PangoProblem

On Sun September 26 2004 5:22 pm, Marciano Siniscalchi wrote:
> Hmmm... I built both 2.6.2 and 2.8.0 on two different SuSE 9.0
> machines, and did not have any trouble with Pango (I did have to
> update a couple of other packages though, but nothing related to font
> rendering).
>
> Actually, this:
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:659: error: parse error
> > before "face"
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:663: warning: type
> > defaults to `int'in declaration of `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:663: warning: data
> > definition has notype or storage class
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: error: parse error
> > before "FT_Get_CMap_Language_ID"
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: error: parse error
> > before "charmap"
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: warning: type
> > defaults to `int'in declaration of `FT_Get_CMap_Language_ID'
> > /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/tttables.h:684: warning: data
> > definition has notype or storage class
> > pangofc-font.c: In function `pango_fc_font_get_type':
>
> says (I believe) that Garnome is using the version of Freetype in
> /usr, not the one from the bootstrap directory (which would be
> installed in $HOME/garnome, unless you are Garnome installing to
> /usr).

Hmmm, this might be a start, I seem to remember a reference about how to
change the path search order for garnome.

I run a pretty well updated SuSE9.0 system using apt4suse to keep
everything in sync and keep dependency problems to a minimum. Currently
I have
freetype 1.3.1-1000 and
freetype2 2.1.7-11 and
freetype2-devel 2.1.7-11 installed I'll try reverting to SuSE freetype2
(2.1.4) as you have and see if that works

> I don't know whether this is the problem or not. I have a standard
> SuSE freetype2 (2.1.4) installation, and all was fine on my machine.
> But, I have tried in the past to install more recent versions of
> Freetype (2.1.8, as I recall), and had problems with certain problems
> (e.g. KDVI, the KDE DVI previewer).

thanks
--
dh