Re: pango-1.5.0

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 12:52, Greg & Erica Wolski wrote:
> I was trying to install gnome with garnome-2.8.0
> but I am stuck on installing libgnomeprint
>
> the error is
> Requested pango >= 1.5 but version Pango is 1.4.0
>
> I was trying to install pango 1.5.0 and 1.5.2 and I always end up with
> folder 1.4.0 in my
> /usr/local/lib/pango directory
> and the error repeats.

Why are you trying to install pango? Pango is part of garnome and should
be compiled during "make paranoid install"

> I am on Fedora Core 2

Download and run this script:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome/scripts/garnome-deps-fc2-0.2.sh

It'll install all of the deps that FC2 requires for building garnome.

Then just:

cd garnome-2.8.0/bootstrap/hal
make install
cd garnome-2.8.0/desktop