Re: Nautilus crashing...

> I was wondering if there was anyone that could point me to a message on
> a mailing list or a webpage or a documentation file that would tell me
> why gconfd keeps running after logout. It seems kind of wasteful to me
> at least.

I'm not sure if I have seen it on this list, but I'm using a little patch for
gnome-session, found on Bugzilla. There is a patch to stop gconfd after
logout, and another one to stop bonobo-processess.

It worked for me in GNOME 2.6.x on Solaris.
I'm not sure if this is solved in G 2.8, I'm just compiling Garnome now...

--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.