Re: GARNOME 2.8.0

> A huge bravo and thank you for Paul, who is doing an immensely cool job
> maintaining the stable GARNOME tree. Everyone buy a beer for Paul when you
> celebrate GNOME 2.8's release. And then drink it for him too, unless he's
> nearby. ;-)
>
> Thanks Paul,

Yeah, bravo Paul.  I had to jig a few things to get it to build
(problems with libgnomecups while building libgnomeprint and also the
gnumeric problem) but for the mosst part it went very well.

I've updated metacity to 2.8.5 and there were a couple of other packages
that I moved to a more recent version, but it was mostly up to date and
is working well which is what counts.

Congrats!

Jeff, any chance we might see some more consistent garnome builds for
the next unstable cycle.  While I try to maintain my own garnome through
the last cycle, the one release you did do was a life saver in terms of
getting things a little more 'squared up'.  These unstable builds really
do help with testing Gnome and while the Gnome release went well, I
still feel like more testing could have helped and that the absence of
an up-to-date unstable garnome builds made this difficult to do.

Or, for those keen to build and test the unstable gnome development
builds, would you recommend something else?

Rodd