Re: [RFC + RFE] New GARNOME Homepage

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 09:23, Paul Drain wrote:
> http://cipherfunk.org/funkeyjunk/index.html
>
> Given the 2.8.0 release of the GNOME Desktop is on our doorstep, i've
> taken the liberty of updating the homepage a tad to look ... well, more
> GNOMEish.
>
> I'd *like* to have something that is slightly more up-to-date than what
> we currently have, but is also easy and understandable for the users of
> the GARNOME build system.
>
> I think i've got it, but i'd love to have a few hundred pairs of eyes go
> over it and let me know where I might improve on things, or if i've made
> a mess of something entirely.
>
> Oh, and people who test it out -- get to find out where the 2.8.0
> release of GARNOME is, before anyone else [1] :)
>
> So, let me have it.
>
> Paul
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [1] Hell, if that's not a big enough endorsement, it gets it's own
> footnote for added effect.

Well done Paul, it finally looks "at home".  The only issue I can see
fit to point out, is the green background on the FAQ pages.  Granted 2am
may not be the best time to judge, but the contrast seems a little harsh
- perhaps the 'What is GNOME?' box on gnome.org, and the schedule on
gnome.org/start/2.7/ might persuade you something a little more pastel
might work?

  Replicating the common gnome / download / users / developers etc below
the header image would score brownie points, but all in all, a damned
fine job.

Shaun