Re: libsigc++ compile error

Hi Stef, and others!

Yup, that worked.  Thanks.  Now I've moved on to another case that looks like the same thing and I have no idea why, think I have removed  the competing gcc executable files.

I did have a version of libgdkmm-2.4.so on the disk, from the previous compile of garnome 2.6, which I am currently running.  So I went and changed the names of those files, erased the /work /cookies and /downloads directories, compile it again and get the same thing.  I've gone and looked and the new verison of
libgdkmm-2.4.so
is a ln to another file in the same directory which has been created with this same new compiler (I think!) called
libgdkmm-2.4.so.1.0.5
or something like that.

Is this a bug or another one of my compiler challenges??

Thanks a bunch

me-2.8.0/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /home/jamaas/garnome-2.8.0/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/jamaas/garnome-2.8.0/lib
../../../gdk/gdkmm/.libs/libgdkmm-2.4.so: undefined reference to `std::__default_alloc_template<(bool)1, (int)0>::allocate(unsigned)'
../../../gdk/gdkmm/.libs/libgdkmm-2.4.so: undefined reference to `std::__default_alloc_template<(bool)1, (int)0>::_S_free_list'

Stef van der Made wrote:

Dear Jim,

You most likely have got to versions of the gcc executable lying around. As root run updatedb (this will build a list of all the files on your system) and then execute locate bin/gcc this should unearth all the gcc executables that you have on the system. Delete the one that is version 3.3.2 and leave the 3.4.0 version. Upgrading to version 3.4.2 might be an idea but you should be able to cope with version 3.4.0. If you still want to upgrade follow the instrauctions included with gcc and you should be fine.

Let me know if this solved the issue,

Stef

Jim Maas jamaas at btinternet dot com