libsigc++ compile error

Still digging around here on this one and found the following.

When I check gcc version I get this... would this mean that i have an older version of gcc kicking around that
is causing the problem?

 gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 (Mandrakelinux 10.0 3.3.2-7mdk)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

I may try downloading and installing gcc 3.4.2 but it makes me nervous, is that likely to help?

Thanks

Jim

Jim Maas   jamaas at btinternet dot com