Re: starting garnome of ubuntu

%% Jim Maas <jamaas btinternet com> writes:

  jm> How do I start Garnome on Ubuntu/Debian.

This is what I do on my Debian Sarge systems; add these lines to your
~/.gnomerc:

  # ----- Added for GARNOME
  GARNOME=/opt/garnome-2.8.1
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
  export PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
  export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GARNOME/share

  # Override the value set in the /etc/X11/gdm/Session/Gnome script
  gnomesession="$GARNOME/bin/gnome-session --purge-delay=15000"
  # Override the value set in the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/* scripts
  STARTUP="$GARNOME/bin/gnome-session"

  _garnome_PATH=:$GARNOME/bin
  # -----

Obviously replace the setting of GARNOME at the top with wherever you
installed yours.  Then in my PATH setting I do something like:

  PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin$_garnome_PATH:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/X11
  export PATH

Note that these values set in .gnomerc don't seem to take effect in
xterms, etc. that you invoke.  I'm not sure why.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools