Re: missing openldap

Hi,

> Its a ubuntu warty notebook box, tried getting openldap which wanted
> berkely db which I got and installed but still no luck.  Do I have
> this in bootstrap or somewhere?

you need openldap-devel, openldap-dev or whatever the package is called
in your system.

> checking if OpenLDAP is version 2.x... no
> configure: error: evolution requires OpenLDAP version >= 2
> make[1]: ***

Just in case anybody is using non-linux system and wishes to build
openldap as the part of Garnome, here's the Makefile I use:

GARNAME = openldap
GARVERSION = 2.1.30
CATEGORIES = bootstrap2
DISTFILES = $(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION).tgz
MASTER_SITES = ftp://ftp.openldap.org/pub/OpenLDAP/openldap-release/

#MASTER_SITES =
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/$(GARNAME)/$(shell echo
$(GARVERSION) | awk -F. '{ print $$1 "." $$2 }')/

# we don't need db when no slapd is used(?)
#LIBDEPS = bgs/db

DESCRIPTION = pkgconfig
define BLURB
 #FIXME: blurb goes here
endef

CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/configure
BUILD_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile
INSTALL_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --disable-slapd --disable-slurpd

include ../category.mk

This Makefile will build Openldap libraries and binaries
(ldapsearch...), but not the daemons.
I'm using it on Solaris.

regards,
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.