Re: sun keyboard

> My keyboard died and I had an usb sun type6 keyboard around :). After
> fiddling some with linux and upgrading X to 4.4 it works. BUT the
> keyboard caplet in the control center does not know the keyboard so I
> cannot use it fully. Anybody any idea how to add this to it?

btw. have you tried to set up the keyboard in switcher applet first? There are
settings for architecture etc.

Before trying to copy xmodmap files, you may also try to use it from command
line using "xmodmap":

xmodmap /path/to/xmodmap.xx

The new map will be in effect until you select another keyboard in applet or
use xmodmap from command line directly.

All this has worked on Sun Solaris without XKB extension (does not work on
thin clients). I don't know anything about XKB nor XFree 4.4.

--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.