half and half

hello,

i am running slackware and have installed the current release of garnome.

i followed the instructions on the website for starting gnome 2.6, but logging in didn't start gnome and there was no new option in the list of desktops.  so i logged into a failsafe session and ran the .xsession script by hand which worked.  then i had a little poke through my system files and it seems that i needed to call my .xsession file .xprofile for it to automatically be run.  so i renamed it and logged in again, to find a 2.4 splash screen with a 2.5.92 gnome panels.

any idea how to fix this?

graham