gnome-terminal 2.4.x weird crash on Solaris

Hello all,

	I have Solaris 9 build of Garnome, which seems to be working ok
(garnome-0.27.1 with Gnome 2.4.0, later slightly ported to 2.4.1) and
have following problem:

1) when I run Gnome Terminal from panel OR from main menu (Apps ->
System -> Terminal), it crashes with seg fault
2) when I run Gnome Terminal from desktop context menu (desktop -> right
button -> Run terminal), terminal works fine
3) when terminal is run via 2), I can run Terminal via menu OR panel and
IT WORKS.

AND: I have another build of the same Garnome, with just some packages
added (the same versions of core packages), build with the same compiler
etc., where the Terminal works always as supposed.

Gnome terminal was 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 (the same results).

This is really weird bug, does anybody have a clue what could cause
this? (What's the difference between running from desktop context menu
and panel/menu?)

I have searched Bugzilla couple of times and found nothing :(

I have to use "stable" Garnome, because this is some kind of production
environment and/or testing. The debugging is off, the machine servers
multiple users, a lot of daemons, database etc, and was too slow with
debug compiled in.

I can bypass this problem by removing Terminal and replacing by rxvt or
some other term, but I would really like GT there.

Thanks for any hint or help.

VIX
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.