Re: GARNOME site skeleton

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 19:39 -0500, Paul Miller wrote:

> I don't want to step on anybody's fifth-toe or anything, but I took the
> liberty or making a possible skeleton for the GARNOME website (just for
> fun - I love playing with html). If you're interested it's at:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/~vze542zg/garnome/index.html
>
> I didn't change any of the text, though I did add a couple of
> under-construction pages as placeholders (and I may have updated the
> first few items in the FAQ ... to the best of my knowledge :) I really
> like the humor on the existing pages and tried to replicate it - but
> maybe I got a little carried away ... Don't be afraid to be
> hypercritical - I have no ego left anyways ... (and deservedly so)
>
> Not sure if the logo is legal, and the background probly needs some work.
>
> Everything is VERY simple, so it'd be easy to maintain.
>
> If the powers-that-be give their blessings, I'd be VERY happy to keep running with this.
> I'd be willing to take suggestions, text, links, etc from anybody and everybody, online or off.
>
> Let me know.
>
> --
>
> Paul Miller
> location one verizon net

While I'd hate to sound like I'm dismissing your work straight off, I
have an odd love for things just "fitting in" .. one of the reasons I'm
enjoying following Gnome's progress.  I see the www.gnome.org look
spreading across relevant sites .. developer.gnome.org, gnome hacks,
gnome support ..  planet gnome & art.gnome.org to an extent - and I
can't help but think it'd be more "together" if we stuck with the same
look & feel?

I do admire your enthusiasm, however .. doing something about it often
trumps talking about it.

As always, just two cents from a random nobody.

Shaun