Automatic garnome-session script

Hi all,

for all who may be interested in this, I have created "automatic"
session script for Garnome. This is tested and works for Solaris, you
have to change some paths to get it work on Linux or anything else. But
it would be more simple than on Solaris, be sure :)

The purpose of this mail is to avoid problems caused by incorrect or
missing garnome-session script, which is documented in README file.
After creating this little magic, after compiling gnome-session, you are
able to login to GNOME (as long your deskotp manager runs
$GARNOME/bin/garnome-session as GNOME's login script), but you are
encouraged to wait until whole suite compiles!

So, the changes follow...

First:
Add garnome-session.template do DISTFILES in gnome-session/Makefile.

Next, create post-install rule (or add this to already existing rules):

Garnome's gnome-session/Makefile fragment:

post-install:
        @echo -n " ==> Creating start script from template... "
        @/opt/sfw/bin/gsed s#%%%prefix%%%#$(prefix)#g
$(DOWNLOADDIR)/garnome-session.template > $(prefix)/bin/garnome-session
	$(MAKECOOKIE)

Note: the "gsed" line is very long and may be truncated by my/your mail
client!

Replace "/opt/sfw/bin/gsed" with your favorite sed.

Then, in gnome-session/files create "garnome-session.template":

#!/bin/sh

GARNOME=%%%prefix%%%
PATH=$GARNOME/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:$PATH:/usr/openwin/bin

# /usr/ucblib is needed by aislerot on Solaris (solitaire)
# $GARNOME/lib/mozilla-1.6 is needed by Evolution (wombat), maybe gaim

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$GARNOME/lib/mozilla-1.7:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/ucblib:/usr/local/lib
PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
GDK_USE_XFT=1
XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GARNOME/share
XDG_DATA_HOME=$XDG_DATA_DIRS
export XDG_DATA_HOME
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
XDG_DATA_DIRS
MANPATH=$GARNOME/man:$MANPATH
export MANPATH
exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

Please don't forget to chmod 755 on this file to make it executable for
all! (This could be also in the post-install, I know...)

I have removed almost all of Solaris things from the script (reference
to /usr/ucblib is left as an example of it).
There are some more exotic things, which are Solaris related, so if
anybody is interested, I can post the complete script for solaris as
well.

Garnome maintainers: please take a look and see if this could be
included in garnome environment. Thanks.

Regards,
VIX
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.