Usage of the GAR ports system outside the garnome project

Hi. I have a (probably) dumb question.
I really liked the GAR ports system, and since I already had garnome on
my home dir, I proceeded to remove all GNOME dirs, and create my own
tree to help me build an LFS system (as seen at
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lfs/html/).
I have removed all GNOME related files and a bunch of GNOME references
from the makefiles, and if it works, I guess I'd like to show it to the
LFS people.
Is there any problem if I do this? Any licenses I should be aware of? Do
I have to request permission for this?