fedora S.O.S gnome-session script help me out

make it simple for a guy this is the fedora script that i got what does
it mean what goes where what is first and second is it on one line or is
each line sperate like you see it what does the $ mean where is my lib
libary i am ready to tear my hair out i need hel.

jsut make is in plain english what i have to do to make a script and
dont use code, just help me see what i am typing and where and how

#!/bin/sh
GARNOME=/garnome   #path where you have installed GARNOME

PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
GDK_USE_XFT=1

export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT

exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

chmod a+rx garnome-session
mv garnome-session /usr/bin/

cd /etc/X11/dm/Sessions
cp gnome.desktop garnome.desktop
sed -e 's/GNOME/GARNOME/g' < gnome.desktop > garnome.desktop

change
exec=gnome-session
in
exec=garnome-session