Re: No window-manager! (g-0.30.1)

> The gnome binaries are not installed as root, but as the user who have built
> them (schitzo me) but I'm testing them as another user ("g26" :) since I
> already have a rock-steady gnome-2.4 installation. The g26 account hasn't been
> used before.

Are all the libraries you have build accesible for all users? No umask
magic?

Did you check the logs? I suppose you're using Solaris (dtlogin). You
should check all the logs, or configure syslog.conf to explicitly log
user.* information.

--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.