libsmbclient.so [Was: Re: smb shares]

Hi all,

> > IIRC there was a package in gnome-vfs or something to let nautilus to
> > browse the smb shares.  Is there a way to enable this?  or is it disabled
> > ATM?
>
> It used to be gnome-vfs-extras, but now the smb stuff is in gnome-vfs
> itself. You need to have libsmbclient development packages when you build
> gnome-vfs to make use of it. So, install those, then:
>
>   cd platform/gnome-vfs; make clean; make install

When instaling 2.4.0 (2.4.1) from Garnome on Solaris, gnome-vfs and
others like to link against libsmbclient.so.0, which does NOT exist on
Solaris. I've built samba-3.0.1 from sources, libsmbclient.so was
created, but not .so.0 symlink. I've tried to create the link manualy,
didn't work.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this? Any query to search on google?
(I searched Google on week and found nothing). Is this problem with
Samba, Solaris, both or some strange library related thing? I will build
Garnome 0.30.x on weekend on Linux and check there... but Linux is Linux
and Solaris is... Solaris.

(On Mandrake 9.1, the Samba which is included contains libsmbclient.so
AND libsmbclient.so.0).

Thanks.
Regards,

Vix
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.