Some programs refuse to start

Hello,

I'm using garnome 0.30.1 and some programs like totem, vanity, gdesklets
and some others doesn't start.  It seems that it seg faults or something
like that.  The process seems to be running but the window doesn't
appear in the screen.

this is what I got:
[william lovaton william]$ totem

(totem:29219): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist: construct
property "show-crash-dialog" for object `GnomeProgram' can't be set
after construction

The same happens when starting gnome, but with gnome-session or gnome-
panel.  The funny thing is that this message appears in every GTK+
program I execute.  but many of them starts properly.

the only one that I miss a lot is totem... I have to kill the process
every time I execute it.  xine works fine though.

Thanks for any advice,

-William