Re: several icons not found

Ron Smits <rons ronsmits com> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 20:45, Danilo Segan wrote:
>
>> Try installing hicolor icon-theme from
>> freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme, as well as
>> freedesktop.org/Software/shared-mime-info.
>>

> The problem here is not that I cannot solve the problem by using a
> different theme. The problem is that when you only install desktop you
> have a lot of unknown icons

Actually, this is not a "different theme", if you visited above
mentioned page, you'd probably notice that it's titled
"default-icon-theme", and last I've heard, it's a base for the default
theme in Gnome (the ongoing trend of moving most of reusable stuff
outside Gnome, and into freedesktop).

I don't know if it will help, but it *should* help.

Cheers,
Danilo