Re: compiling garnoome and disabling a specific package

> During the compile process garnome will process any directory that it
> finds when you run a make paranoid-install
>
> fro example if you run make paranoid-install in the desktop folders it
> will do a directory listing and start compiling the folders in
> alphabetical order. If there are dependant packages it will build those
> before the originaly requested package is compiled. When you don't wan't
> a package to compile just delete the directory. This can be dangerous as
> other packages might depend on it so be carefull when deleting directories.
>
> > Can someone please tell me if there is a specific file that lists all
> > the packages that garnome will attempt to compile and install?  I only
> > need one browser, Mozilla and would like to remove the overhead of the
> > others but don't know how.

Simply removing desktop/epiphany works like a charm. Doing it here all
the time.

You probably only want to build platform/ and desktop/ entirely and
build selected packages only for the other directories. Just omit fifth-
toe/galeon then.

Do you want to build Mozilla as well? It's in bootstrap/ and won't be
build by default. So you need to build it explicitly, if you don't have
a recent version version installed and want to use that.

You will need libnspr4-devel and libnss3-devel packages for compiling
Evolution 1.5.x with SSL support, if not building Mozilla.

Note: Based on Stable Garnome 'Timmy' branch. YMMV.

> > How can I make paranoid-install of garnome and remove some of the
> > specific packages contained?

If you really want to build Garnome entirely, building those 2 browser
packages mentioned above probably won't be noticeable... ;-)

Caveat: Haven't had my coffee yet...

...guenther