Re: compiling garnoome and disabling a specific package

Dear Jim,

During the compile process garnome will process any directory that it finds when you run a make paranoid-install

fro example if you run make paranoid-install in the desktop folders it will do a directory listing and start compiling the folders in alphabetical order. If there are dependant packages it will build those before the originaly requested package is compiled. When you don't wan't a package to compile just delete the directory. This can be dangerous as other packages might depend on it so be carefull when deleting directories.

Best regards,

Stef
Jim Maas wrote:

Can someone please tell me if there is a specific file that lists all the packages that garnome will attempt to compile and install? I only need one browser, Mozilla and would like to remove the overhead of the others but don't know how. How can I make paranoid-install of garnome and remove some of the specific packages contained?

Thanks

Jim

Jim Maas Ph.D.

jamaas btinternet com